A modern reproduction of the original style radios fitted to classic VW, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz and other models.
- Type 1 Beetle '68-'78
- Type 2 Bay Window '68-'79
- Karmann Ghia Type 34
As a modern reproduction, these head units come with smartphone control, Bluetooth and phone charging.
We tested the functionality and have the following notes to add:
- the Bluetooth and phone charging works great and they puts out really decent sound quality
- the FM works but it only has 5 preset bands - 87.5, 90.0, 98.8, 106.0 and 108
- we have a local station on 106 which worked well, but if you have FM presets outside of this you’d have to stream a radio app if you wanted to listen to radio
There may be a way to change these presets, but we haven’t discovered it yet. We tend to stream Spotify all the time and this works perfectly too.
Blaupunkt Style Bluetooth Radio (F) '68-'78
- 45 W x 4 Peak Power
- Power output 24 watts x 4 ch RMS